Monday, March 29, 2010

Developed Sketchup Model with Stairs

I chose the original sketchup model and developed that into what you can see in the section above. I made the artists' space below ground (for Goodwin) have 2 sections, the top for creating work and the bottom for storage of materials and welding space. This is because the ceiling had to be very high in the studio space as the artwork he is working on in this studio is "Waterjacket" which is around 5 metres high.
Then I made the gallery space on the ground level by lifting the above ground studio space, and I altered the roof area to make it simpler to close off but still have the pointy shape I was originally trying to achieve. The walls around the floor of the above ground studio will be glass all around.
For the spiral staircase I would use wood as the main material to reflect the work of Ricky Swallow, and for the staircase leading down to the ground level I would use glass in order to make the exhibition space below not feel so closed in.

The materials I would use for these stairs would be metal because it would be strong and Richard Goodwin's work "Waterjacket" will be very heavy to carry up the stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment